Because your vision is as unique—and as personal—as your fingerprints, we use an equally personal approach to laser vision correction.
The VISX STAR S4 Advanced CustomVue WaveScan™ System
The system includes four components:
THE WAVEPRINT™ MAP
Precise analysis of your unique vision
Dr. Frantz uses your WavePrint™ Map to gain a detailed understanding of your unique vision correction requirements to develop a personalized laser vision correction plan. The WavePrint™ Map:
- reveals the way your entire optical system processes light
- allows a treatment plan personalized to your unique vision.
RELAX WITH 3D ACTIVETRAK™:
Accuracy and comfort
Dr. Frantz has offered the 3D ActiveTrak™ technology since January 2001. The ActiveTrak™:
- follows the tiny motions of your eye instantaneously
and automatically, in all three dimensions;
- repositions the laser to ensure accuracy;
- does not require you to hold your eye absolutely still during
You can relax, knowing that you’re obtaining a correction that’s precisely centered on your eye.
VARIABLE SPOT SCANNING™:
Flexibility for more personalized laser vision correction
Dr. Frantz has offered Variable Spot Scanning (VSS)™ since
April 2001. Variable Spot Scanning™ is an exclusive VISX laser
- allows for a larger treatment area
- offers Dr. Frantz greater flexibility in developing a more
personalized LASIK procedure, when pupil size may be a
IRIS REGISTRATION TECHNOLOGY
For greater laser alignment
Dr. Frantz became the first surgeon in our area to offer Iris
Registration in December 2005. Iris Registration:
- aligns treatment to the cornea and provides greater alignment
- centers the treatment correctly.